Click here to access Coronavirus/Covid-19 resources:
Marth 11th 2020
In the backdrop of quickly-evolving Coronavirus/Covid-19 situation and the potential risks it poses to our BV children, teachers, volunteers and their families, CMDFW Board met to discuss our course of action.
Given all the concerns from our members, considering the expert advice, and keeping the health and wellbeing of our membership in mind, it has been decided to cancel all Balavihar classes during the weekend of March 14/15. Other activities such as CHYK, Devi Group, Music/Geeta Chanting/Vedic Chanting Classes etc are cancelled as well, with immediate effect.The Regional JCHYK (RJCC) camp scheduled to be held at Mangalam from March 13 to March 15 also stands cancelled. We will refund the registration fees for the camp.
We are exploring alternatives to in-person sessions, including going virtual with BV and other classes soon, possibly as early as the following weekend (March 21/22). We’ll continue to monitor the situation and provide you with updates regularly.
Stay safe and healthy!
Update on March 7th 2020
As a follow up to our communication couple of days ago, here are some more specific guidelines our membership is advised to follow. These are consistent with the current CDC recommendations for community events.
1. All members should wash their hands with soap and water as soon as they enter the facility.
2. Avoid physical contact as much as possible.
3. People who have travelled internationally in the last 14 days, are advised to not attend any of the sessions. As you can appreciate, we’re trying to use abundance of caution!
4. Anyone with upper respiratory symptoms (sore throat, runny nose, cough) or fever, should not attend the sessions.
5. Just in case someone develops any symptoms during a session, they’re strongly advised to go home.
Here’s is a specific link to the CDC guidelines for community and faith based organizations:
Be safe and healthy!
Update on March 5th 2020
Given the evolving COVID-19/Coronavirus situation all around us, we thought it was important to communicate to our membership on CMDFW guidance on the subject.
CMDFW considers the health and wellbeing of its members and their families a top priority and as such we’re monitoring the evolving situation closely at the Local, State and National levels. So, all the regularly scheduled activities will continue as normal. If the situation changes, we will be in touch with you.
We recommend following the guidelines from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) about hygiene. That said, what can you do?
Common safety and prevention tips are key for managing/addressing the Covid-19/Coronavirus situation:
- Please do NOT panic
- Affected members are advised to NOT attend BV sessions and other activities such as Satsangs/Study Group/Volunteering.
- As news about the new Coronavirus continues to evolve, it’s important to remind members and their families that the best way to reduce the risk of infection is to follow the advice given every flu season. So, take precautions as you would with the normal seasonal flu.
- The CDC recommends the following to help reduce your risk of infection:
o Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds
o Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth with unwashed hands
o Avoid close contact with people who are sick
- If you have cold-like symptoms, you can help protect others:
o Stay home while you are sick
o Avoid close contact with others
o Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when you cough or sneeze, then throw the tissue in the trash and wash your hands
o Clean and disinfect objects and surfaces