Let us know how you can help! We welcome any help that you can offer as a sevak or sevika at Chinmaya Saaket.
There are many opportunities to get involved and grow in different areas to suit your interests and skills.
We list some of the opportunities below:
- Classroom teaching (regular and substitute)
- Get involved with various activities and classes:
- Various Balavihar committees like festival celebrations etc.
- Cultural & language classes
- Activities like camps, lock-ins, picnic
- Saaket – general maintenance and repairs
- Help with cleaning and managing the cleaning crew
- Yard work – lawn & flower beds
- Fountain maintenance
- Nutwood property
- Stedman property
- Thermostat A/C & heat
- Trafflic flow & parking during Balavihar (Sundays) & special events
- Pest control & termite inspection
- Fund raising events
- Welcome committee – sell tickets, etc.
- Donation categories
- Donor recognition
- Auction items – ordering, evaluating, etc.
- Seva Projects – youth
- Yoga camps
Coordinator: Valli Subramaniam
- Pujas and Festivals
- Yajnas – monthly
- Ongoing classes by resident acharya
- Annual & montly calender of events
- Vedic chanting
- Friday Bhajans
- Display fliers on bulletin boards at Saaket
Coordinator: U K Gupta
- Chart of Accounts & maintaining books
- Reimburse expenses
- Monthly statements – Balance sheets and P&L sheets
- Income Donations – BV membership, yajnas, Hundi, book sales, special events
- Donor forms – Donation in Kind
- Tax exemption applications – sales, property and so on
Coordinator: anand bellary
- Books – ordering and sales
- Tapes, videos, CDs & DVDs
- Duplication and sales
- Book stall organization at yajnas, Banquet and Regional Conventions
- Annual inventory
- Website development
You can visit Saaket and fill out a form at the front desk with your contact details and the areas you are interesting in
serving or contact the coordinators directly.