BALAVIHAR (NOW OFFERED THROUGH WEEKLY ONLINE CLASSES)
Bala Vihar is a weekly gathering of children, between the ages of five to eighteen years that takes place in Chinmaya Mission DFW under the supervision of trained teachers. The aim of Balavihar is to help children bloom, grow, and inculcate values through fun-filled activities. Balavihar enhances the overall development of the personality of a child at all levels — physical, emotional, intellectual and spiritual.
Chinmaya Mission Balavihar programs educate over 1500 DFW- area children annually.
Children enrolled in CMDFW Balavihar classes are assigned to their classes based on their academic grade level. Due to COVID19, classes are being conducted in a VIRTUAL format for the Fall 2021. This year classes will begin on Sunday, September 19, 2021. There will be only 2 online BV sessions and both sessions will be on Sundays.
The timings for the two online eBV sessions will be:
- eBV1: 9:00 – 10:30 AM (Sundays)
- eBV2: 11:30 AM – 1:00 PM (Sundays)
Cultural classes are offered to children to help expand their understanding of:
- Indian languages (Hindi, Telugu, Tamil, etc.- please list all that we have)
- Indian classical dance (please list types of dance classes we offer)
- Indian classical music (please list types of music classes we offer)
- Bhagavad Geeta through the Geeta Chanting Class and Geeta Chanting Competition
- Shlokas through the Shlokathon program
Below are snipets about these classes. (NOTE: For each of the boxes below have it be a photo with text underneath. The photo should be of that class. If its the music classes, Shlokathon or Geeta Chanting (please include a snipet of performances from the banquet in lieu of a photo.
ADULT SATSANGS & PROGRAMS
Chinmaya Mission Dallas Fort Worth also provides adults with access to a variety of weekly programming designed to help seekers diving deeper into Hindu scriptures. Through weekly satsangs led by Swami Sarveshanandaji as well as opportunities to participate in:
- Jnana Yagnas
- Devi Groups and Adult Study Groups
- Pujas and Festivals to mark auspicious occasions
- Vedic Chanting Classes
- Bhajan Classes