Labor Day Family Camp – FAQ
Frequently Asked Questions
When do we leave Saaket and when do we get back?
We leave at about 5:00 PM on Friday Aug. 31 2012, and return at approximately 2:00 PM on Monday, September 3rd 2012.
Where is the camp?
Camp Summit, Argyle, TX
What are the accommodations like?
- Overnight lodging – 10 cabins are available that will sleep up to 14 per cabin. Cabins for boys and girls are in separate areas. All the cabins are equipped with heating and air conditioning. The beds have mattresses and are stacking bunk style beds and you’ll need to bring your own linens and pillows
- Lodge & meeting rooms that will accommodate up to 100
- Large lodge deck that will accommodate 50
- Recreation pavilion with a stage
- Basketball court, baseball field, volleyball court, swimming pool, tree house, playground
- Nature trails
- Outdoor areas for classes
- Can I attend only 2 days instead of all 4?NO. You need to be there throughout the camp.
Can I drive there?
NO. All attendees will leave in a bus from Chinmaya Saaket.
Why can I not drive there?
Because there is a certain spirit and camaraderie in going together. When people leave as and when they feel like it, it gets broken and it ruins it for the others. I can bet that if people had plans to catch a flight to go to Disney World at 5:00pm that Friday, they would make it including the fact that you have to be at the airport a couple of hours ahead of time.
Who can attend the camp?
This camp is open to children enrolled in Balavihar at Chinmaya Mission children from 5th grade and upwards as of Sept 2012. No exceptions.
How much does it cost?
The experience: Priceless!
Can I get a refund?
You can get a refund minus $50/PERSON cancellation up to Aug. 15th. Any cancellations on or after Aug 15th are non-refundable
How do I register and pay?
- I have more questions. Whom shoul I contact?Contact email@example.com